Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dexter and Jonathan

So one cool part of house sitting for Gramps is that I can keep up with Season 3 of Dexter on On-Demand.

I was introduced to the show by Jonathon. I liked it but I think that Jonathon and I have very much different interpretations of the show based upon our lives. I see the whole serial-killer thing as less than secondary the main thrust of the show and why it is successful is because the character Dexter is going through the kinds of things that are completely normal for a guy: compartmentalization, trust issues, the emotions of women. Jonathon seems to focus on the alienation that Dexter feels as if it were something particular to a small set of special people: serial killers and other moody loners.

I don't think there is any way to convince him that aside from killing people Dexter is a completely normal person and the way he processes emotion is common place. But oh well.

No comments: