Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama

In the past my normal response to the election of a new President has been blase. To a certain degree that is still I feel; however the peaceful transition of power is an amazing event in any nation and I believe that it only occurs with the blessing of the Lord, God Almighty.

As a Christian I hope the best from our new President and will continue to support our nation through this new era, as pleases God. Until Jesus returns and reigns on earth it is the duty of all people to work to live in peace with their government because He gave the government the authority it has. So I will be continue to pray for the leaders of my nation, giving the correct respect, paying my taxes and obeying laws.

I voted for President Obama, though without great enthusiasm. But as an actively engaged citizen am fully prepared help our new president lead our nation towards righteousness as is pleasing to our lord Jesus Christ.

p.s. I also look forward to the day "Obama" does not show itself as a misspelled word by my spell check.

No comments: