Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Depressed Friend

So I had lunch with some of the guys and it was cool. Mike (Muffin) naturally steered the conversation to topics that he could dominate the conversation which is totally Mike. But with the guys usually you can engage as much as you want and Mike is actually good about sharing time... it is just if you don't care he will let the topic be comics, WoW and himself.

The purpose of the hang out is because one of the guys is leaving. He's moving back with the family to middle-of-no-where, Utah. It is kind of the suck but at the same time he needs a change real bad. He's really depressed and doesn't know how to deal with it. He's pretty closed about it... in an angry sort of way.

I guess I am used to dealing with people I care about being depressed... which doesn't mean I am really good at it. But it doesn't freak me out or surprise me (unless it makes me late for something). But having depressed friends is the suck. There is so little I can do, especially if they only want to say so much.

I can and will be praying for my friend which I guess would have been the best thing to do in any event seeing how the problem is spiritual rather than psychological or physiological. I am sure those things contribute but human nature is self destructive and the only way that can really be helped is through a new nature.

I just hate that my friend is suffering.

No comments: