Friday, September 25, 2009

object- empty starbucks sample cup

I am working on my writing skill. This is mostly just an exercise in my prose. I describe a single object in a paragraph with out any deep purpose but simply for practice. The goal is mostly to create the image in the reader's mind... but I would not be surprised if occasionally my object became a symbol of some kind.
Empty Starbucks Sample Cup:

The empty sample cup sits forgotten on the far side of the coffee shop table.
The corporate logo on the side of the cup are made to not face towards the man so that the siren can not look him in the eye.The short length of green straw points toward the man like an accusing finger: "He will not throw me away. He will not recycle. He will not purchase anything more." The inner sides of the cup are scraped of their whip cream imperfectly so that they form stretched clouds of sugar and cream dotted with the remains of the cinnamon garnish. The remains of the orange drink makes a shallow pool on the bottom of the cup forming a ring of rejection taken freely, used up and soon forgotten.

No comments: